Monday, February 15, 2010

Go Canada!
In celebration of the current Olympic games in Vancouver, B.C., I had to share my latest creations with you. Last Friday evening, I found myself being so captivated by the opening ceremonies.... really, what Canadian didn't feel the love and passion?
Being so inspired, I decided to make some patriotic soft sugar cookies decorated with white chocolate icing.

This recipe is simple and so delicious.

Sugar Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter (soft)
1 cup sugar
1 egg (beaten)
2 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract


For decorating, I melted down a couverture white chocolate and used red food colouring to achieve the classic Canadian red colour. Additionally, I used a variety of red and white sparkles for some cookies.


The end result...


No comments:

Post a Comment